Kitchen & Bath Design News, the industry’s leading publication, recently assembled a panel of experts to discuss the hottest kitchen trends that are expected to continue into the New Year.
Kitchen Appliance Trends
- Black stainless
- Smart technology
- Refrigerators with built-in cameras that make contents easily visible
- Induction cooktops
- French door ovens
- Energy-efficient, quieter dishwashers that eliminate spots and have shorter wash and dry cycles
- Specialty drawers in refrigerators that extend the shelf life of perishable foods
- Steam ovens
- Sous vide cooking, a cooking technique that utilizes precise temperature control to deliver consistent, restaurant-quality results.
Kitchen Fixtures and Faucet Trends
- Easy to clean deeper sinks
- Pull-down kitchen faucets with high arcs
- Hands-free, motion-sensor faucets
- Matte black finishes for kitchen sinks
Kitchen Storage Trends
- Soft-close cabinets and drawers
- Deeper, wider cabinet drawers
- Rollouts, Pullouts
- Cutlery drawers
- Waste and recycling bins
- In-cabinet lighting
- Quartz countertops
- Matte finishes on countertops
Trends in Styles and Functionality
- Easier to clean appliances and surfaces
- Wood plank porcelain tile
- Luxury vinyl tile
- Large format tile
- Mixed textures for walls and backsplashes
If you are interested in experiencing any of these trends firsthand or discussing how to update or improve your kitchen, please call our design office at 919-772-3335.
I just returned from Louisville, KY where I went through the Monogram Experience by GE Appliances. It was a great trip and I learned a lot about the history of how GE revolutionized many of the things we take for granted today. Many of the appliances we have in our kitchens today were originally developed by GE engineers. It is nice to know they are still innovating today. I got to visit the factory where they were making refrigerators and I also visited FirstBuild, a micro-factory where a group of engineers can think outside the box to make ideas come to life. It was really great to see that GE Appliances has moved most of their manufacturing back to the USA, and there was a great deal of pride and excitement amongst the workers that I met in Louisville.
We carry the full line of GE Appliances, including GE Profile, GE Café, and Monogram at our showroom. I was extremely impressed with the Monogram line that is competing with Sub Zero on their refrigeration, and with all the other high end brands on their cooking products. We will be sure to do some demonstration events when the new showroom has a live kitchen to work in. Stay tuned for a scheduled completion of the remodel of the showroom in Feb 2018.